Google HTTPS: We’ll Take Care of Switching Your Website from HTTP For Way Less Then You Think!
It’s only a matter of time before Google HTTPS and secure websites become an official Google ranking factor. Essentially, now is as good a time as any to move your WordPress website to HTTPS.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be a WordPress CMS website for us to help you switch from HTTP to HTTP! If you’re ready to change your current server to an secure server, and give your website’s search rankings a potential boost, we can help you today!
Contact us for a free quote and we’ll take care of everything needed to move your WordPress HTTP site to a HTTPS website.
How To Make My Website HTTPS? We’ll Do It For You!
If you or your SEO company has been asking “how do I make my website HTTPS”, we have the absolute best answer to that question: Don’t worry about a thing, we’ll take care of moving your website from HTTP to Google HTTPS asap. Get started here .
If you’re not completely up to speed on exactly what HTTPS or HHTP are, and why it’s recommended for your website to move to a secure HTTPS server, we’ve broken down some FAQ’s about HTTPS and why you should move your site to this protocol sooner than later.
WHAT IS HTTPS?
HTTPS, or Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure, is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between browsers and the websites you or any user visits.
The ‘S’ at the end of HTTPS stands for ‘Secure’. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
The HTTPS protocol is primarily used to protect highly confidential online information and/or transactions. For example, accessing your online banking, logging into to member only websites like forums or social media platforms, as well as for online shopping forms.
WHY DO I NEED TO SWITCH?
Google has confirmed that HTTPS is now a ranking factor. Data shows that HTTPS websites tend to rank higher in search results. If that’s not enough of a reason for you to switch, check out these other benefits of HTTPS:
- All customer information, including credit card numbers, are encrypted and cannot be intercepted.
- All site visitors can verify you are a registered business and that you own the domain.
- All customers are more likely to trust and complete purchases from sites that use HTTPS.
DO I NEED AN SSL CERTIFICATE?
An HTTPS certificate is also known as an SSL certificate. All secure connections require an SSL certificate. This certificate contains the public key needed to begin a secure session.
There are two versions of an SSL certificate. Your cost is approximately $99/year to maintain the SSL certificate. We’ll guide to which is best for your business.
Our fees do not include the SSL certificate.
WHAT OTHER EXPERTS ARE SAYING
If you’re still not convinced that moving your site from HTTP to HTTPS is worth it for the future of your business, check out this video from Google Developers:
Google Developers YouTube Channel Explains Why HTTPS Matters
Need more expert data? Check these articles:
Ready to make the move to HTTPS? We’ll handle it all for you. Contact us to get started.
THE GEEKY TECH STUFF IN OUR HTTPS PROCESS
If you really want to know the geeky/tech-y details to move your website from HTTP to HTTPS, grab a coffee and a comfy seat and enjoy the following 28 steps.
If you’d rather we take care of all this technical crap for you, and move your site to a secure HTTPS server, Click here and relax!
- We start everything with a test server.
- Crawl the current website so that you know the current state of the website and for comparison purposes.
- Read any documentation regarding your server or content delivery networks (CDN) for HTTPS.
- Purchase a security certificate and install on the server.
- Update all references to internal links from HTTP to use HTTPS or relative paths.
- Update references in templates to use HTTPS or relative paths.
- Update canonical tags.
- Update hreflang tags if your website uses them, or any other tags such as OG tags for that matter.
- Update any plugins/modules/add-ons to make sure nothing breaks and that nothing contains insecure content.
- CMS-specific settings may need to be changed.
- Crawl the site to make sure we didn’t miss any links and that nothing is broken.
- Make sure any external scripts that are called support HTTPS.
- Force HTTPS with redirects.
- Update old redirects currently in place.
- Crawl the old URLs for any broken redirects or any redirect chains.
- Update and submit sitemaps to use HTTPS versions of the URLs.
- Update your robots.txt file to include your new sitemap.
- Enable HSTS. This tells the browser to always use HTTPS, which eliminates a server-side check and makes your website load faster.
- Enable OCSP stapling. This enables a server to check if a security certificate is revoked instead of a browser, which keeps the browser from having to download or cross-reference with the issuing certificate authority.
- Add HTTP/2 support.
- Add the HTTPS version of your site
to all the search engine versions of webmaster tools that you use and load the new sitemap with HTTPS to them. This is very important.
- Update your disavow file if you had one for the HTTPS version.
- Update your URL parameter settings if you had these configured.
- Go live!
- Update the default URL if one is required In your analytics platform to ensure that we are tracking HTTPS properly.
- Update your social share counts if the networks will transfer the counts through their APIs.
- Update any paid media, email or marketing automation campaigns to use the HTTPS versions of the URLs.
- Monitor everything during the migration and check, double-check and triple-check to make sure everything is going smoothly.
We worked many-many time and got perfect result!
Work with us and get leadership!
We worked many-many time and got perfect result! Work with us and getting leadership!
"Vee and his team at ColaDigital & VPDM are outstanding! Vee delivers on everything he says he will- a big plus in this online world with so many fly by night operations. We have contracted ColaDigital/VPDM for multiple engagements- all are delivered by the date promised; a very organized and well-planned organization. Looking forward to working with Vee and his team for the long term!"
"Painting Niagara has been using VPDM for about 6 months now. The experience has been nothing but positive and beneficial. After having several issues with another St Catharines based company who was responsible for our social marketing and specifically Google Ads we consulted Vee and he pointed out many issues which I had verified by a third party who actually works for Google. Everything Vee pointed out in our initial consultation appears to be true because since handing him our Google Ad and SEO responsibilities we have noticed nothing but positive results. Our online attention and retention is growing (as he will show you through Google Analytics) and the leads directly related to his work boosting our organic search ranking have resulted in nearly a 30% increase in sales over same time last year. We are also confident the more we are able to start acting on his other recommendations the bigger the results will get. Vee is easy to work with, prompt in responding, a true professional and great at showing what he is doing, why he is doing it and the results that come from it. Not all companies offering these services can say that! Thanks, Vee.... Ill be in touch soon to discuss our next steps"
"After the busyness of getting a business up and running, I knew it was important to take stock of my online presence. Vee was able to provide an SEO Audit with an in-depth and well organized synopsis of my website and blog, and offered concrete, practical and timely advice on how to really build and enhance my online presence."
"Vee and his team have been instrumental in growing my conference and expanding our reach to new audiences. They were patient with my learning curve, very accessible, responsible in handling my account budget and thorough in their reporting. I have the utmost confidence in VPDM to help us achieve our marketing goals."
“Working with Vee and his team at VPDM has been a pleasure while getting my website designed and running. VPDM is truly focused on the end user who has to navigate the site and this was kept at the top of the list throughout the entire process. I look forward to an ongoing relationship with Vee and his team as my business moves to the next steps of growth. Together, we will make this the best customer experience in the home healthcare industry. Thanks Vee.
"VPDM is a forward-looking, goal-oriented marketing team who will work with your business’ specific needs to target new and existing clients with the information you want clients to see. A great tool for modern day marketing and creating new business. Recommended."
"I have been working with Vee and the team for more than two years and they have an absolutely amazing job for us and continue to do so! Their work ethic, productivity, knowledge and creativity are second to none. I would highly recommend."
"Thoroughly enjoying the professionalism, knowledge, and personalities of this great team. They deliver above and beyond and I look forward to continued service with Vee and his group for years to come."
After working with another company and they didn’t work out I searched and found Vee at VPDM. We had a great discussion and he gave me a few options that worked out even better than I even imagined. It has been over a year now and our website and services are working out great. I enjoyed meeting the VPDM team a few times and working with them. I have recommended them and will continue to as we enjoy working with them. Thanks again Vee to You and Your Team!
"Vee and his team at VPDM bring energy and creativity to everything they do. From community management to web design, to performance marketing, I can trust VPDM to bring fresh thinking and strategy to the table. A huge benefit of working with VPDM is their ability to dissect the customer experience, whether it be online or offline.Through analysis and collaboration VPDM can help you accomplish your goals, whether your goal is to acquire new customers or sell more to existing, VPDM have the strategic thinking to help you stand out from the crowd."